I’m already hard at work on Episode 2! Here’s some test shots from the opening shot.
I’ve completely revamped terrain for this new episode, and hopefully the progress shows!
Subscribe to be notified of the latest updates!
So as promised, I’ve started adding updates again. I started working on a new animation series called Age of Spite! It’s a dark fantasy sci-fi series, fully animated this time! Below is the first episode! I’m working on Episode 2 as we speak. More details coming soon!
I’ve started modeling the Sturmpanzer, and have had to do several remodels, but I think this is the base line mesh I will be sticking with for now:
It’s still very preliminary at the moment, and very early stages of the modeling. There’s a long ways to go till I reach the finalized mesh, and an even longer ways to go till I reach the finalized textures and lighting (though no need to think about that right now).
My plan is to make a short CG video with this model, potentially using the Unreal engine, depending on how the results look with it.
As always, like, subscribe, and share!
So I ended up finishing my speed modeling piece a few days ago. Here’s how it came out:
I had to shy away from using sand dunes, as I had initially planned, since the sand texture simply wasn’t working very well. I’m sure if I spent a bit more time, I could get more polish on this, but that’s how it goes with basically every art piece ever made.
As always, like, subscribe, and share!
Don’t miss out on the rest of my pieces, coming here!
So the speed modeling piece is progressing! Here’s what we are at:
I’ve added some more details and am experimenting with lighting. The background will likely be changed, of sure. For some reason, the render has glitched slightly, resulting in that white spot in the bottom right corner.
I will continue to make more progress on this and hope to finish it in the next two to three days. Next is going to be adding potentially one more detail to the wall itself.
As always, like, subscribe, and share! Subscribe to not miss out on my updates!
Like much of you, I too have been working remotely and can’t really go outside and do social things because of this whole pandemic situation. I realized I’ve been sort of putting my website on the back burner and am now going to be writing more going forward. So without further ado, let me show you what I’ve been working on recently. First and foremost, here’s the concept sketch for my longer term project:
I call this the Sturmpanzer, a speedy and nasty hover tank. This is a fairly long term piece, in that it’s probably going to continue to have work done on it for at least a month. There are more plans after this, but more on that later.
Even this is sort of on the side right now while I do a speed piece based on this concept:
It’s pretty much what it looks like: a fantasy inspired wall. Whether it’s in the desert, or snow, or on clouds even, I haven’t decided. This is progressing quickly, and here’s my latest render pic:
Fairly basic, still modeling it, and I’m considering deviating from the concept a bit.
Now more long term? Maybe another episode of At Fate’s End OR a short animation with the Sturmpanzer. I’m not really sure right now. I will decide soon though.
As always, like, subscribe, and share! Stay tuned for more updates!
I’ve finalized and finished up the Clocktower. Here’s the final version:
I realized that these mountains work far better than the ones I had previously and by layering one on top of the other, I managed to create a pretty cool effect.
This one took a surprisingly longer than I thought it would. I think the main reason for that is that this clocktower is geometrically very complex. It’s also one of the few times I’ve tried to composite something. The mountains are actually composited in, along with the sky. The other major departure I’ve made for this piece, compared to previous pieces, is the use of a real HDRI for lighting, rather than the combination of Arnold physical sun and sky with directional lighting. I’m not sure that I totally feel that this is the route I will take, but it does definitely show promise, especially for more traditional outdoors environments.
I will try to make an effort to post more often, since I have been sort of neglecting this website for one reason or another. Since we are all indoors because of the pandemic, I should be able to rekindle this website a bit. I’m sure you would be more interested in reading and seeing more content as well.
Please like, subscribe, and share! Stay healthy out there friends!
Right, I realize that I haven’t posted much at all. Things have been pretty insane for the past few months, for a lot of reasons. Now that the whole world is basically locked down, I find myself with a lot of time on the weekends. So without further ado, since I finished up At Fate’s End: Episode 1, I’ve had a bunch of random ideas pop in my head, started a bunch of them, but this is the one I ultimately ended up pursuing further. So it’s still a WIP, and I’ve tried several variations of it. The inspiration was from a tower I saw in Plaza de Espana in Seville. I decided to make a clocktower out of it. Here’s my progress pics:
So I’ve been working a lot on the project At Fate’s End. It’s coming along, but it does take a lot of time to render the frames. This animation, though only 2 seconds, took 20 hours to render approximately 17 frames. Check it out!
This is my first ever animation in Arnold, so I’m pretty proud of it, even if it is basic. The rest of the video that I’m making won’t be completely animated, not to this degree at least.
There’s more updates and a full video coming soon, so like, subscribe, and share!