Progress Update on Ghosts ’58
I’ve been rather quiet, I realize. It’s been a while since I’ve updated here. Life’s been very busy recently. Two things have been in the works. Firstly, I’ve started working on the characters of Ghosts ’58. I’ve done two tests so far. Here’s the initial concept test in Daz3d:
It’s pretty low quality. I’m not the biggest fan of using Daz3d for my renders anyways. I then imported the character into Maya. It was a fairly straightforward process, but the eyelashes were somewhat screwed up, primarily because of transparency mapping. I replaced the texture for the eyelashes, a phong, with an aiStandardSurface material that used the transparency map from the exported file. The final render result was this:
The results are really good actually, especially given that this is a basic test with no real tweaking done. Wraith will probably look something like this, but there needs to be some more tweaks done. The main thing I didn’t like, honestly, are then clothes. The textures didn’t quite come out that great. I’ll have to look into that for various reasons, actually. The main reason is that the clothes themselves are primarily just stand-ins. They don’t actually suit the look I’m going to aim for.
As always, like, subscribe, and share!